Sunday, August 24, 2008

Warning: Mushy Love Stuff to Follow

I really just need to take a moment to gush about Preacher Man because I don't think I do it out loud to other people enough. I'm really crazy about him. He's my high school sweetheart. We literally grew up together. And still he finds ways to challenge me - rarely in an "in your face" sort of way because he just doesn't work that way and he knows me well enough to know that I REALLY don't work that way. Mostly it's just in the way he lives his life. He is solid. And unwavering. And kind. And yesterday when I was crying over things that really aren't life altering, he didn't downplay my pain. He just loved me and said he was sorry and let me mourn for a little while.


I love to listen to him interacting with his friends. He doesn't give advice unless it's asked for, but the advice he gives is good and solid. He loves them all unconditionally. They love that about him, too.

Right now he's in the kitchen doing the dishes. He does half of the house work since I work full time, and he doesn't complain about it...or he rarely complains about it. He's still human, people. Don't go getting the idea that I married THE perfect man or that I have THE perfect marriage. You would be soooo wrong if you got that idea.

But good grief the man is a beautiful piece of work, with eyes that still give me butterflies and kisses that, even after all these years, I can feel all the way to my toes. In fact, I think I'll go see if I can partake in a little of that right now ;) Talk to you peeps lata.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh. men!!! ya can't live with em, but sometimes you can! It seems like the Lord has protected your heart, I guess, in ways that remind you of loving him unconditionally. (I know in my marriage, I have that "it's real good when it's good, and real bad when it's bad" mood) And I'm thankful when I let God show me how to see him.

But, the Lord does have a plan. And your patience will make that timing that much more rewarding and complete. (I probably should have put this part on the other post.)

love ya

Georgia Peach said...

Southern Belle-Love on that man, you are so lucky and he is so lucky to have you. Anonymous- I know what you mean with the really good when it's good but really bad when it's bad. I really would be happy with happy medium but oh well... nothing like an adult emotional roller coaster.

G.P.