Friday, August 15, 2008

Hey ya'll!

I'm a Louisiana girl with more southern sass than I know what to do with most of the time. I love Jesus and the Deep South. If I could, I would pour them both in a bottle and gulp them down like an ice cold sweet tea on a sweltering summer day. Louisiana has always been home for me, and I'm pretty sure that will never change, even though I don't actually live there anymore. That brings me to Jesus - He's the reason I don't live there anymore. My husband [we'll call him "Preacher Man"] and I followed His guidance half way across the country, and I must say that He has proven faithful amidst the scariness of obedience. I love Him alot, but fall short of showing Him pretty much daily.

That's sort of what this blog is all about. It's an experiment of sorts, for anyone who wants to get right down to being real about life. Broken dreams, broken hearts, and broken people are all welcome. In referene to "keepin' it real", one of my dearest friends once said, "I just want to pack up all of my 'real' friends and take them to the beach where we'll drink margaritas, smoke cigarettes, and talk about Jesus the whole time." That statement inspired me to make every effort to keep it real all the dern time. Here it is...me. Keepin' it down and dirty, make ya' ugly cry...and laugh, make ya want to yell at God and then get down on your knees and praise Jesus, real.

I hope you'll join me in this little experiment of mine.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being real is what I love most about you and isn't that how God wants us to be anyway...real, I mean? He made us the way we are, and I often find myself tormented by insecurity and inadequacy. I have to ask the Father often to reveal those things within me that He would like for me to accentuate and to allow Him to fine tune the inadequacies I find myself agonizing over. What I am sure of, though, is my undying gratefulness for Him placing you in my life as my dear friend, Southern Belle. Love and miss you. Your friend, Margs, Cigs and Jesus (Guess WHO?)