Monday, August 18, 2008

The Dream

My two favorite Southern movies of all time: Hope Floats and Sweet Home Alabama. Dances and live bands at the town square. Beautiful southern men managing to be manly as heck and at the same time helpin' women find themsleves. Sassy southern women rockin' out cute dresses and totally sexy cowboy boots. I want to live there.

My favorite TV show of all time: FRIENDS. Friends that are more like family than friends. Ya know? Walk into their house without knocking, drink all their Dr. Peppers, have boy/girl sleepovers, play games until 2 in the morning, laugh with, cry with, be a total butt face to and they still like you kind of friends. Is that real life for anyone? Or is it just one of those myths that TV makes you believe?

That's my dream, I think - to have FRIENDS-like friends in a town square dance havin' town and all the while rock out my totally sexy cowboy boots with my even cuter dress...and let my beautiful [becuase he is] Preacher Man help me find myself right into the sunset. Would anyone like to join me?




Afterthought: Do you sometimes think that there will be a time when you look back on certain thoughts, dreams, or wishes and think how silly they were? I think maybe this post will qualify for some of that silliness. It's fun to be silly every once in a while, though, right?

0 comments: