Friday, September 5, 2008

Filler

So, I've decided that I'm really afraid of people who are mourning. Like, I avoid them at all costs. I don't really know what to say to them - at all, and I ALWAYS feel extremely awkward around them. Doesn't that suck? Isn't it kinda immature of me? But the truth is, I haven't experienced a whole lot of loss in my life...so I have no idea how to relate to people who are going through a loss.

It's been a cruddy week. That's why I haven't written much in the past week...I'm slipping into "don't reflect on anything mode". I'm trying to get out of the funk. Any suggestions?

On a more fun note, I've been on a quest to lose 15 lbs. Mostly just because I'm trying to develop some discipline in my life. Welp, I've lost 6...woo, woo! I really am excited about this, but I need to lose the additional 9 in about the next month. I'll keep you updated ;) I love, loved your responses to the 5 Things Challenge!

Also, I've added a poll. I'll post the results soon!

6 comments:

Georgia Peach said...

Pedicures always get me out of my funk! I think I want a tatoo...You lose 9 pnds and I'll lose 9. I'll start tomorrow and let you know how its going-dont let me get a head of ya!!! You know you are perfect already..right!
G.P.

Anonymous said...

I seem to be going in the opposite direction as far as weight loss is concerned. I need some motivation to get back on the wagon. Need to only lose 5 to 10. Let's form a support group. What are you doing to lose the weight...a specific program...just curious?

Georgia Peach said...

Just b/c I have been working on mine and trying to maintain for 2 plus years now dropping and keeping off those 10 pounds that haunt us-the biggest thing is Morton's lite salt, keep the sodium down, drink 64 oz to 92 oz of water a day without fail-the water weight gain we carry is incredible. Then balance-protein, fruit, dairy, some fat, keep carbs down but don't skip them, and vege's and eat all day, don't skip a meal! Anyway, that really has worked for me but it takes a few days to get into it and stick it out.

Anonymous said...

My coping mechanism for dealing with people dealing with loss: Act liken normal. I have the same problem! Do you bring up the situation? Do you just say "I'm sorry"? It's such a slippery slope because you want them to know you are there for them, but you don't want to make them sad. Ahhh...these issues!

I, too, am on a quest for weight loss! I'm just trying to quit snacking and start working out again. I don't really have a goal...just weighing less than I do now. Haha! Ideally, I'd like to lose 15 lbs.

Anonymous 2

Southern Belle said...

I'm down a pound...yahoo! Cha cha cha cha cha cha!

Good weight loss advice, Georgia Peach. That's actually pretty much what I'm doing plus taking a low cal protein supplement in the morning and working out for about an hour a day. An hour a day seems like a lot, but it's actually a huge stress reliever for me!

I really want a tatoo, too, but Preacher Man is extremely anti-tatoos. Once in college I got my nose pierced but let it close up after a month because he hated it so much. I wish to this day I had kept my nose piercing.

Georgia Peach said...

I'm pretty darn sure I found your pound that you surrendered! Having a rough week a zillion-I've lost count on the number of bad weeks so this is my new number. So I celebrated by eating chocolate iced creme filled donuts! Oh so bad-however I didn't lose total control I've actually gotten back to the gym-so I'm calling it even!

Gym for my motion-donut for my
e-motions!

I'm thinking there is a perfectly logical way to rationalize why a tatoo is fine. But I can't think of one right now :)
G.P.