Monday, September 1, 2008

The 5 Things Challenge

Here are 5 little known things about me. I think they each provide a little insight into who I am and prove that I'm a little on the crazy side sometimes ;) I provide not excuses for the things that follow but do ask that you take them for what they are - my true feelings. They are not by any means a reflection of who I SHOULD be but a little piece of who I ACTUALLY AM right now.

  1. I am fiercely prideful and protective of where I come from. Since I moved here, I have begun wearing two charms on a chain: a Fleur-De-Lis and a cowboy boot. I don't do it because it's trendy but because it makes me feel like I'm representin' the South, Louisiana in particular, in the middle of a bunch of Yankees and foreigners [no offense to Yankees or foreigners].
  2. I'm really, really vain. I'm trying really hard not to be because it kinda makes me sick that I'm so vain, but I am. I was going to type more about this but I'm too embarrassed to tell you what I was really thinking. That's how vain I am.
  3. I like to dance...like break it down, can't keep your hips still, be kinda inappropriate dance. I like to do it in bars with friends and as sassily as possible. It's not something I make practice of now, but I'm certainly not opposed to.
  4. I semi-secretly love One Tree Hill [season premier is tonight, if you were wondering], Grey's Anatomy, Dawson's Creek, Beverly Hills 90210 [the new one premiers tomorrow night!], and possibly Gossip Girl, which I never claim in public. I'm sort of a TV addict. It's how I escape my own reality, just for a little while.
  5. Some days I wake up and think, "I could seriously use a new life." The past several days have been "need a new life" days. Not for any specific reason...just feeling like I need a little more adventure, a little more passion, a little more spontaneity, a little more rebellion. I hate the rebel in me. I wish I could just enjoy being a "good girl". I don't, though. Not all of the time, anyway. But, because I have the Holy Spirit, which I'm grateful for, I suppress the rebel in me for the most part. I'm trying to figure out how to harness that rebel and train her to do great things...be rebellious in all the right ways, ya know?

Now it's your turn. I challenge you to tell us all 5 little known things about yourself. Remember, you can keep it completely anonymous if you want. It's kinda freeing if I do say so myself.

5 comments:

Georgia Peach said...

Hmmm...you could have said 2 or 3 but oh no you had to go to 5!
1. As long as I can remember I compared myself to everyone relentlessly sizing myself up against them from hair, style, athleticism, grades, beauty you name it and then when I was about 16 I suddenly realized we were all completely equal-all of a sudden everyone I saw was "beautiful". If you looked hard enough you saw that everyone was "unique". And if you paid attention long enough everyone was "talented". Even with this reality I still size myself as if everyone is my competition.
2. I am OCD! I cannot come home and sit down before I have completely put my house back in order the way it should be-I might even leave a car door open with stuff to come back to because I get caught up inside putting things up.
3. I have to have chocolate and caffeine (serious caffeine) every day. You don't want to be around me otherwise.
4. I have to buy new clothes every week. I never had new clothes growing up and envied those girls that had new outfits on all the time. I was so green with envy. Now I buy things even if I don't need them-it is an illness I've decided.
5. I have to be good at everything. You can imagine how often I am disappointed hahahahaha.

G.P.

Anonymous said...

1. I am insecure about many parts of my body, yet lack the motivation to do anything about it. Exercise on a regular basis...who has time for such things?
2. I have a fear of calling people. This phobia keeps me from reaching out to people like I should and it inhibits relationships.
3. I am earnestly trying to live a life free of debt which means going without luxuries or impatiently waiting until I have enough cash to buy things. This is well and good, but sometimes I am envious of people who go and buy whatever they want without a second thought.
4. I am WAY too concerned about what other people think about me, my house and my family. Way too concerned...
5. I long to be one of those people who can create and follow a schedule everyday. However, I am not disciplined enough to make this a reality. I have really tried, but old habits are REALLY hard to break (for me anyway).
That did feel pretty good. Thanks for letting me share my weaknesses with all of you.

Anonymous said...

Here goes Anonymous #2:

1) I secretly wish I had joined a sorority in college. I never did, but that is one regret. I long for sisterhood!
2) I never feel bad about spending money, much to the chagrin of my husband. I sometimes say, "I shouldn't have bought that," but I never mean it.
3) I want a baby...I act like I don't, but I do.
4) I have an obsession with scrapbook paper. I don't scrapbook, but the thought of all that decorated paper makes me happy. Therefore, I buy it for no reason except to look at it. Occasionally, I make sometime, but mostly...I just admire.
5) I could live on chips, salsa, and sushi. Not all together, but at least twice a week.

Anonymous said...

1. I love to sleep even when it means missing out on time with my husband and children. Seriously, it's a hobby of mine.
2. I love to smoke! I don't do it anymore but miss it, often. I love the smell of a cig right after someone lights it.
3. I obsess about food and my weight. I constantly feel fat but am always planning for the next time I get to eat.
4. I wish I loved sex as much as my husband. It would resolve so many issues in our marriage if I would just willingly give it up on a regular basis. Honestly, it feels like a chore sometimes.
5. I secretly fantasize about being an exotic dancer. I love to shake my tail and know I could make a good living at throwing this money maker around.
Wow, that was exhilarating (sp?). Thanks, Southern Belle, I needed that. Love ya.

Georgia Peach said...

Wow anonymous number 3, you really went there, You make me think I really didn't dig deep enough or maybe there's just too many to put on paper. Ha! You go girl.