Friday, February 20, 2009

So, some stuff has happened...

I recognize that I have been MIA for the past several months. I do, however, have a somewhat reasonable explanation...I'm PREGNANT! We're due July 15, 2009. At first I couldn't write about it because we hadn't told anyone yet. Then I couldn't write about it because, well I haven't really figured that out yet. It's like I've managed to walk through my life with very little tragedy, and I just knew that this was going to be my "thing". I was afraid to get too attached for fear that the joy would be ripped away from me. That may sound a bit irrational, and maybe it is, but that's the way I felt. I'm working hard to move past that now because I know that's not the way my Jesus works.

It's hard not to get attached when you see and feel the little cutie moving around inside of you! We had our first ultrasound last week, and I'm officially at a loss as to how people can experience such an amazing miracle and not, at the very least, believe in a higher being. I don't mean that condescendingly, just honestly. The fact that this thing that started as some cells as grown into a mini human being, with bones and hair and organs that function, points directly to someone bigger than myself!

Can I tell you what I'm seriously starving for? Women who honestly and lovingly hold me accountable, challenge me to be the woman God created me to be, and make me laugh so hard that the tears flow freely. Why is it so hard to make those kinds of friends? And keep them in my life? I mean, don't get me wrong...I have quite a few of those scattered throughout the country, all of whom I EXCEEDINGLY thankful for. But here's what I'm looking for: a fool proof way to find at least one of those friends in every town I live in. Can any one tell me how to do that? I'm open to suggestions...seriously.

Let's get this thing started again!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back. I have missed you very much. I know what you mean about finding a real friend - a soul sister so to speak. The Lord is picky about when He allows them in your life and when He doesn't. Keep praying and don't miss the potential candidates for this highly esteemed position...for they may be right under your nose. You will miss them if you are too busy looking for them in other places that only seem appropriate to you. As cliche as it sounds, it is so true...the Lord works in mysterious ways...and thank goodness He does. We are so predictable. Love you.